June 15, 2012
| last updated June 15, 2012 3:17 pm
Five more CT companies gain Express funds
Five firms in Berlin, Bridgeport, Bristol, New Haven, Westport are joining the state's small business aid program, authorities say.
The CT Small Business Express program's latest entrants:
- DBS Energy, Inc. of Berlin is an integrated energy service company that is investing $805,000 and receiving a matching grant of $99,600. DBS, which currently offers engineering services, construction support, management services, and training for high voltage electric utility facilities, is moving from a leased space to a purchased facility and expanding into the manufacture of solar power equipment. Funds will be used for fit-out and purchase of machinery and equipment. DBS will retain seven and hire for one new position.
- FosterCo, LLC of Bridgeport, provides tax, accounting and professional education services, and offers classes through CT Works. FosterCo is investing $34,000 and is receiving a matching grant of $18,000 to expand its course offerings. The company is retaining two and adding one new hire.
- Century Spring, Inc. of Bristol, is a full-service manufacturer of custom springs and specialty fasteners. Century is receiving a $100,000 grant, matching the company's funds. It is purchasing new machinery and equipment and a new building to consolidate three locations. Century Spring will retain 32 jobs.
- Mutual Housing of South Central Connecticut of New Haven, constructs, develops, and manages affordable housing units in greater New Haven and New London County. Mutual is investing $100,140 and receiving a $100,000 grant to make leasehold improvements to new office space, retaining 27 positions and adding five new hires.
- Kat Burki Inc. of Westport, designs, produces, and distributes high-end bath, boudoir and spa products. The company will combine $100,000 of its own funds with a $100,000 matching grant to invest in relocation to a larger facility and expanded production, and to train new staff. Kat Burki is retaining three and hiring five new positions.