August 7, 2012
Aetna taps judges for health app competition
Hartford health insurer Aetna has empanelled five judges who will help the company pick a technology provider to design an app that reminds consumers to take their medications.
The winner of Aetna's CarePass Medication Reminder Developer Challenge, which runs through Aug. 17, will have their app integrated into Aetna's CarePass platform, which offers health and wellness apps.
The judges for the CarePass Medication Reminder Developer Challenge are:
• Troyen Brennan, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, CVS Caremark
• Rebecca Burkholder, Vice President of Health Policy, National Consumers League (leading the Script Your Future adherence campaign)
• Alexandra Drane, Founder and Chief Visionary Officer, Eliza Corporation
• Bijan Salehizadeh, M.D., Managing Director, NaviMed Capital
• Jeff Tangney, CEO, Doximity
The judges will evaluate submissions based on the features of each app, the use of the CarePass APIs, innovation and creativity, and the management team capabilities of each entry. The challenge offers a $75,000 first prize and $25,000 second prize. The winners will be announced by Aetna Chairman, CEO and President Mark T. Bertolini, during his keynote address at the Health 2.0 Fall Conference in San Francisco on Oct. 8.