November 27, 2012
Health Exchange forum kicks off Tuesday in Hartford
The first of seven public forums on Connecticut's developing health insurance exchange will kick off Tuesday in Hartford.
Business owners, advocates, stakeholders and consumers interested in learning more about health care reform progress in Connecticut are invited to attend tonight's "Healthy Chat" event at the Hartford Public Library. at 5:30 p.m.
The forum will be hosted by Lt. Governor Nancy Wyman, who chairs the exchange board, and Kevin Counihan, who is CEO of Connecticut Health Insurance Exchange
Each of the seven statewide town hall-style events are free and open to the public and will be an opportunity to ask questions and engage in a dialogue with exchange leadership and health care reform experts.
The exchange is a quasi-public agency and a key component of the federal Affordable Care Act.
Open enrollment in the exchange will begin in October 2013.
Other forums are scheduled in:
- Waterbury, Thursday, November 29, Waterbury City Hall, 235 Grand Street, Veterans Memorial Hall, Room 225, Registration 5:00 p.m., Event 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- New London, Tuesday, December 4, Mitchell College, 437 Pequot Avenue, Clarke Center Auditorium, Registration 5:00 p.m., Event 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- New Haven, Thursday, December 6, Hill Regional Career High School, 140 Legion Avenue, Registration 5:00 p.m., Event 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- New Britain, Tuesday, December 11, Central Connecticut State University, 1615 Stanley Street, Memorial Hall, Constitution Room, Registration 5:00 p.m., Event 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- Stamford, Thursday, December 13, University of Connecticut Stamford, 1 University Place, Gen Re Auditorium, Registration 5:00 p.m., Event 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- Bridgeport, Tuesday, December 18, Bridgeport Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, 1070 Main Street, Harbor Ballroom, Registration 5:00 p.m., Event 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.