Connecticut homeowners, businesses and municipalities have so far drawn more than $250 million in federal disaster aid -- the bulk of it flood insurance -- stemming from last October's Superstorm Sandy, authorities say.
Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's office on Tuesday thanked the Obama White House and the Federal Emergency Management Administration for reimbursing the state and others, including 12,380 residents registered as of Feb. 12, for their disaster expenses.
In addition, some $3.5 million in public assistance grants has been pledged to municipalities statewide for Sandy-related expenses, the governor's office said
The Small Business Administration has approved another $40.8 million in low-interest disaster loans for homeowners, renters, businesses and nonprofits.
Finally, 4,939 flood insurance claims under the National Flood Insurance Program totaling $195.6 million have been paid to date, authorities said.
Nearly $1 million has been approved to cover other essential disaster-related needs, such as medical and dental expenses.