Processing Your Payment

Please do not leave this page until complete. This can take a few moments.

January 26, 2015

Back9Network slashing workforce 41%

A rendering of Back9Network Constitution Plaza studio, which opened last year.

Hartford's Back9Network said Monday morning that it would reduce its workforce by 35 full-time positions.

In a statement, Charles Cox, CEO of the golf lifestyle network, called the move "a thoughtful strategy that will allow the network to remain competitive and produce engaging content while growing the golf lifestyle."

Cox said the network remains committed to Hartford and has 50 full-time employees and in the city.

Back9 President Carlos Silva did not respond to a request for comment Monday morning.

The company has received loans from the state Department of Economic and Community Development totaling $5 million, as well as a $100,000 grant.

A $4.75 million manufacturing assistance act loan awarded in Aug. 2012 required that Back9 retain 10 jobs and create another 40 by the end of 2014.

DECD official George Norfleet said Monday at noon that Back9 is current on its loan payments to the state and remains in compliance with its job creation targets.

The announcement comes less than two weeks after reports that Back9 had missed payroll on Jan. 9.

CEO Carlos Silva said in a Jan. 16 email that the company had paid its employees that day.

Back9 is also suing former CEO James Bosworth, alleging he has disclosed confidential financial information since leaving the company last year and violated a separation agreement by making disparaging statements to potential investors and others.

Read more

Back9 officially off the air

Key CT biz leaders on hook for Back9 bets

Bristol investors sue Back9

Back9Network to restructure through bankruptcy

Sign up for Enews

Related Content

0 Comments

Order a PDF